Monday, June 11, 2007

The Oddball #3!

I am a part of an AMAZING forum at Knittinghelp.com (the site should be on my sidebar <---). Through this, I have received countles items from other kind knitters through swaps. I';m also part of a charity blanket (we call it the "Oddball"..shouldn't take long to figure out why : ). It starts out in North Carolina by Sandy aka Shandeh, then gets sent around to other members to be knit. Each person should knit three inches. There are also Oddball Shawls going around as well. I'm partici[ating on 2 out of the 5 (!) Oddball blankets and one of the shawls. How lucky am I!
This is the third Oddball blanket, made out of wool. I used some leftover Cascade 220 in something like "sky blue", but I have just run out and am an inch short. But luckily, my Oddballer sent me her leftover yarn! It's a really pretty purple.
My fellow Oddballer was so generous. I even got two skeins of Mmmmalabrigo, which my yarn store doesn't carry. It's so incredibly soft, as all the knitters have claimed! I have to send it off next Tuesday,
Today I also took a trip to Ellis Island with my school. To tell you the truth, no matter how badly I didn't want it to be, it was sort of boring. Ok, it was a lot boring. We arrived late and had to wait fgor forever to board the ferry, though once we got on it was pretty fun. But because we were so late, we also missed a movie we were going to see, and I was actually pretty disapointed because I would have learned a lot more than I did. Instead, we were split into groups and went to tour a museum that we circled twice before going to sit outside, bored (this is where I got my sunburn). We then got back on the ferry and arrived to school after the day had actually ended, which is a little annoying, since I normally take the bus home and my dad had to wait for my brother to get home before he could come pick me up. The only highlight was when I got to take some pretty amazing pictures of the statue of liberty. My dad lent me his camera (which is a rare occurance, because I broke his last one!) so I could get some good shots. He and I love taking pictures.



We stopped at Liberty Island, but didn't have time to get off. We ended up circling the Statue of Liberty though, and I was able to get pictures from all different angles. Seeing the Statue of Liberty made me feel almost connected to the immigrants who came here, however corny that may be.
Only 7 more days of school left! I can't believe the school year has gone this fast.

No comments: