Monday, May 28, 2007

What I've been doing all day

My back hurt, my arms were sore, and I was covered in paint.

Yes, I have been painting the fence for a little profit. But what teenager doesn't need a little money?
I have to tell you, it felt really nice to take a warm shower when I was all done. It was refreshing and it took most of the paint off (though I do still have some in my hair).

And what did I buy with my money, you ask?
An iPod nano! I bought it all with my own money, most of it from babysitting (they really do pay me well there). I've uploaded my songs already(all 160 of them...I got the 2GB), and it has a really great sound. I have a feeling that it's going to get used!

I also started a shawl for my mom. While I orginally planned on making a Kiri, I realized that I couldn't figure out how I should change it from triangle-shaped to a rectangle and that all I was making was a bunch of holes when I used to lace repeat. So I ripped that out and started with another lace pattern. Unfortunately, that was when the TV was on and I was paying more attention to the TV that I was to the lace. Rip, rip, rip. Feeling discouraged, I was looking through an old issue of VK (spring/summer '05, to be exact) and stumbled upon a stitch that I like more than the last one. Here's what I have going so far, and I'm really pleased with it. I also got lucky on the yarn color and it matches the dress it's supposed to match perfectly.
So that's all for today. I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend!

No comments: